An office manager is responsible for the organisation and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources. Office managers have a broad remit and can gain exposure into all aspects of how a business operates.
For this reason, office managers have a variety of career options available to them depending on the size of the company they work for and the industry they work in.
What qualifications do I need?
Aspiring office managers may possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A business degree or a high school diploma with a number of years administrative and supervisory experience
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Experience in human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer skills and advanced software packages
Office managers have a variety of career options available to them depending on the size of the company they work for and the industry they work in.
Key attributes for an office manager include:
- Sound judgement and problem solving ability
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
Office managers can command salaries from $300-540k per annum depending on their level of experience and the industry they work in.
Magic CV words
Patient, efficient, operational, coordination, facilitation.
Thinking of making a move? Contact us now and speak with one of our specialist recruitment consultants.