Senior Infrastructure Engineer (APAC)
Salary HKD840,000 - HKD960,000 per annum + Good bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Nikita Chaudhary
Date posted 10 January 2023hong-kong tech-transformation/infrastructure 2023-01-10 2023-03-11 it Hong Kong HK HKD 840000 960000 960000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A few of my reputed clients are looking to hire Infrastructure Engineers/System Administrators to join their IT Support teams. Idf you are keen to know more, please get in touch!
The Infrastructure Engineer's responsibilities are to provide level 2 and level 3 support, monitoring and coordinating functions as well as projects for the organisation in Asia. He/She works in close collaboration with the local IT Team consisting of System Engineers, Server & Storage Infrastructure Engineer, and Network & Security Infrastructure Engineer to ensure smooth daily operation at this organisation
• Assist the Server & Storage Infrastructure and Network & Security Infrastructure engineers by providing hands-on 2nd and 3rd level support
• Act as backup to the local IT Team consisting of System Engineers, Server & Storage Infrastructure Engineer, and Network & Security Infrastructure Engineer
• Infrastructure Design, Implementation, Support & Maintenance
• Monitors the health, performance, availability and continuity of the overall Asia technical infrastructure, systems and servers, along with network and security equipment
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining server operating systems and repair server hardware VMWare VSphere 5. x & 6. X
• Developing, maintaining, and supporting networks in NSX/NSX-T, and implementing networking and VXLAN technologies with the Network & Security Infrastructure Engineer
• Works in accordance to the defined company policies, ITIL compliant service management processes (incident, problem and change management) and company and global AM ISAE3402 controls
• Interfacing with the IT Quality Control & Security Manager to ensure the correct implementation of the defined processes, procedures and controls that warrant the quality of the IT processes related to its corporate network infrastructure
• Responsible for best-practice implementation of the relevant processes where it pertains to the overall IT infrastructure such that it guarantees an adequate level of control and monitoring. The specific processes include, but are not limited to, Configuration Management, Problem Management, (Technical) Release Management, Availability & Performance Management, and Vulnerability Management
• Implicitly responsible for the creation and maintenance of the relevant IT infrastructure support procedures and related documentation as well as the embedding of these procedures in the Server Management Objects (SMO) organisation
• Responsible for the periodical reporting of infrastructure related KPI’s to support the IT governance process
Qualifications & Competencies
• A minimum of 7-10 years working experience in IT
• Working experience in 2nd & 3rd level Service Support with exposure to enterprise Infrastructure environments
• 5+ years of experience as a System Engineer or in a similar role
• 5+ years of experience using Windows and Linux environments
• Expert knowledge in the following areas:
o Active Directory (AD)
o Group Policy Objects (GPO)
o Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS)
o Certificate Authorities (CA) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
o Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
o Domain Name Systems (DNS)
o Distributed File Systems (DFS)
o Windows Server Operating Systems 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016
o Microsoft Exchange
o Office 365 Environment.
• Experience or significant exposure to any of the following technologies: VMWare VSphere and its features (vMotion, HA, DRS, etc.); ESXi deployments; VM creation, templates, snapshots and VM backup; Administer and support VMware platform; Veeam backup
• Good hands on experience with IBM, HPE, Carbonite and Veeam storage products, storage area networks and enterprise backup and associated recovery solutions and best practices
• Experience with network and security infrastructure testing, performance analysis and troubleshooting tools
• Hands on experience in security systems and networking technologies, including Cisco, Palo Alto firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
Salary: HKD600,000 - HKD660,000 per annum + BonusLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 02 February 2023One of my reputed clients is looking to hire Senior Consultants (System/Infrastructure) to handle major projects. If you are keen to know more, get in touch or click on apply!
Salary: HKD548,200 - HKD877,120 per annum + good bonusLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 19 January 2023My reputable client is looking to expand their cloud team, if you are keen to know more, please get in touch!
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 23 January 2023My client is a well-known multinational company who is constantly expanding and has created a stable platform for candidates to grow.
Salary: HKD40,000 - HKD45,000 per month + bonus, medicalLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 01 February 2023The Role: Responsible for system release management for new digital banking system, work with vendors for pre-implementation preparation & testing, as well as post-implementation support.
Salary: HKD500,000 - HKD900,000 per annum + good bonusLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 31 January 2023My reputable client is expanding their security team in HK, if you are keen to know more, please get in touch.