Oracle Database Administrator - DBA
Salary HKD45,000 - HKD65,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Brian Tang
Date posted 03 March 2023hong-kong tech-transformation/databases 2023-03-03 2023-05-02 it Hong Kong HK HKD 45000 65000 65000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
My client is looking for an Oracle DBA to support their daily operation, maintenance and automation.
- Lever key technical skills to ensure the IT infrastructure asset is built and maintained in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Develop and input into key technology Infrastructure Engineering Lifecycle documentation, such as component version and patch management decisions
- Effectively manage the technical implementation and subsequent change on the IT infrastructure asset
- Determine how to leverage enabling technologies to implement innovative IT infrastructure solutions to support the business
- Track the infrastructure requirements, and manage technical change, throughout the delivery life cycle
- Assist and help as required with the resolution of complex tier three operational incidents, and determine the root cause of the problem
- Schedule and actively manage business as usual changes within the IT infrastructure asset to deliver a best in class level of successful change
- Work closely with upstream stakeholders such as solution architects and IT strategy teams to ensure the IT infrastructure asset is delivered in line with the strategic roadmap
- Maintain timely and accurate communications with Project Managers throughout the delivery life cycle, to ensure the IT infrastructure risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies are correctly tracked
- Communicate the proposed design solutions to the stakeholders, and help to guide decisions regarding trade-offs that may impact the requirement or delivery timescales for infrastructure solutions
- Keep abreast of latest IT infrastructure technology trends and technologies to allow these to be levered to the business benefit of the company
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key hardware and software vendors and delivery partners
- Proactively draw out all types of requirements on the IT Infrastructure from stakeholders using a variety of elicitation techniques (e.g. interviewing, modelling, and surveying)
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details and distinguish users requests from the underlying business problems
- Provide technical advice to Information Technology (IT) colleagues on the use of the IT Infrastructure asset
- Collaborate with other IT domains to drive business and technology innovation
- Keep abreast of the corporate strategy, business plan and latest industry trends
- Available to provide 24/7 support as required.
Technical degree holder with minimum of six years’ IT experience, at least three years of IT Infrastructure experience
Must have proven technical experience of working in a complex IT infrastructure environment
Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally, and in the written form, to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver technical internal presentations
Ability to work well with others and as part of a technical team
Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills; ability to identify patterns and generate informed ideas
Focus on the business and end user’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behaviour
Ability and willingness to proactively accept, and drive, change to accomplish positive outcomes
Ability to understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a well-balanced way
Must have knowledge of how to lever technology to reduce operational costs and delivery business innovation in a fast moving and dynamic industry sector
Professional competency in at least one technical specialisation, with broad understanding of other current and emerging technologies
Database technologies - Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Ingres, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Get in touch
+852 2161 9453
Salary: HKD45,000 - HKD55,000 per monthLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 12 March 2023My client is looking for an Oracle DBA to support their daily operation, maintenance and automation.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 22 March 2023My client is one well-known investment bank who has a presence of 70+ countries is now hiring for an IT Regulatory and Governance Analyst. Kindly see details below:
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 20 March 2023My life insurance client is seeking senior / system analyst with strong MERN stack technical background for a brand-new AI product implementation for customer interaction purposes.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 07 March 2023My life insurance client is seeking system analyst with strong MERN stack technical background for a brand-new AI product implementation for customer interaction purposes.
Salary: HKD30,000 - HKD55,000 per month + bonus, medicalLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 14 March 2023New headcount to joint the business and operation transformation team to perform as BA participate in agile environment.