senior data engineer scientist
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Kelly Wu
Date posted 18 January 2023hong-kong tech-transformation/data-analysis-warehousing 2023-01-18 2023-03-19 it Hong Kong HK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
* The candidate will serve as the Senior Data Engineer Scientist in the Regional Analytics Centre-of-Expertise (CoE), reporting to the Chief Analytics Officer of Asia. * This Senior Data Engineer Scientist being data domain subject matter expert, is critical to support building automated capabilities and data products to accelerate advanced analytics. The candidate is responsible for designing and building business interpretable and performant analytics solutions; builds re-usable and modular, self-service capabilities to continuously increase the capacity of the advanced analytics team. * The candidate also takes a proactive and supporting role in driving Regional, Asia Data Office, and BU level analytics data governance, quality and establish the data foundation for analytics. He / She has to leverage and share their deep knowledge of, and experience with, a wide variety of data analytics and technology topics to up-skill the data and technology competency across Asia
- Data Strategy
- Lead the development of designing, building, testing, integrating, managing, and optimising analytics data foundation from a variety of sources with our Enterprise Datalake (EDL) platform.
- Responsible for understanding the systems & data environment.
- Actively engage with the Asia Data Office team to continuously improve the efficiency of data environment.
- Develop and drive regional analytics data capture, enhancement, cleansing and optimise regional data management capability to enable world-class analytics
- Work with data scientists to transform business requests into value-add data products and capabilities.
- Tactical support of data access, understanding, engineering, visualisation, and decision making.
- Identifying and guiding natural data champions in the business to enhance the profitable use of data.
- Automate, re-build, and re-imagine data processes to increase efficiencies in business processes.
- Elevate data and analytics skills in the business.
- Develop conceptual/logical data models or semantic layers with appropriate business contexts.
- Collaborate with internal/external data experts.
- Talent Management
- Support CAO in recruiting, training, developing, coaching and retaining best-in-class analytics talent at BU /Country level.
- Participate/lead the community of experts – contribute in creating training material, governance documents and sharing platforms.
- Manage regional knowledge repository that houses internal Ips.
Accountabilities (Individual / Shared):
- Research and explore with new data platform, data design ideas and related technologies.
- Enable business leaders in better understanding the use of data and automation, drawing on a thorough understanding of and experience with technologies for intelligent automation, data modeling, data management, etc.
- Establish and maintain a reliable and high data quality platform.
- Ensure data captures, processing and storing with appropriate data controls & comply with company data policies.
- Key Shared:
- Promote the awareness of Data & Advanced Analytics in Asia.
- University degree in quantitative based field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering).
- At least 8 years of experience in Advanced Business Analytics, preferably within the retail financial services industry.
- Advanced experience with databases.
- Advanced experience in automating data pipelines and working with data transformation tools.
- Advanced experience in Python, SQL, Spark, Databricks, Java, C#, etc.
- Hands-on experience of data curation deployment, and design of relational-data model
- Experience in deploying data & analytics solutions, including but not limited to campaign targeting & execution, predictive models, BI visualisation, etc.
- Experience working in/with one or more Asian countries preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to present data solutions/ analyses and statistics in a simple and clear way. Evidence of ability to persuade senior management.
- Ability to think and work creatively around the constraints of the existing business to devise valuable experiments
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g. MS Azure, GCP, etc) and Data as a Service (DaaS) a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages a plus – Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Bahasa, Vietnamese and Khmer.
- A team player with the ability to successfully manage interaction with internal clients and work independently and within a team environment with professionalism and collaboration
Salary: HKD700,000 - HKD1,000,000 per annum + good bonusLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 08 February 2023My reputable client with a well established technology risk team is rapidly expanding to fulfil their business expansion. If you are keen to know more, please get in touch!
Salary: HKD60,000 - HKD85,000 per monthLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 06 February 2023My client is one of the leading banks in Hong Kong. They are looking to a strong Senior IT Project Manger to join their growing wealth management team. If you are keen to know more, please get in touch!
Salary: HKD920,976 - HKD1,052,544 per annum + Good bonusLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 31 January 2023A few of my reputed clients are looking to hire Senior Infrastructure Engineers/Senior System Analyst to join their IT Support teams. Idf you are keen to know more, please get in touch!
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 31 January 2023A multinational bank is hiring multiple native Mobile App Developers for supporting their 5-year regional digital bank project.
Salary: HKD70,000 - HKD100,000 per monthLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 31 January 2023My client is expanding their business and focusing on large transformation projects. They are looking for exceptional team leader to join their growing business.