Manager – Quality Management, APAC
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Andrew Blake
Date posted 18 September 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Reporting to the Procurement Director, this position will be responsible for ensuring the procurement quality of fixtures, furnishings, and equipment for new store developments and renovations of the existing store portfolio for a globally recognised retail brand. With 80% of store fittings custom made, it is imperative that strict quality standards are adhered to so as to match the brand's reputation for luxury. The position will also have oversight over packaging and marketing materials.
- The objective of the role is to establish and lead the QA/QC process for suppliers to continuously improve performance and support business growth within the Region. The quality manager must be able to execute the Global Quality Strategy for the Global Procurement Organisation inclusive of developing a comprehensive Quality Manual and operating procedures.
- The Quality Manager must be able to work closely and collaboratively with Global Procurement, and cross functionally, in pursuit of all supplier development and supplier qualification initiatives.
- The Function supports multiple categories and stakeholders including Global Store Construction (millwork, furniture, storefront, lighting), Packaging, Marketing (display components) and other categories.
- Quality Management System: Develop and apply best practice systems and techniques to the procurement activities in Vendor Compliance, Quality Assurance and Quality Control field
- Ensure components and finished goods are manufactured in accordance with the product specifications and the quality of the workmanship meets all specified standards
- Support an ongoing vendor evaluation and monitoring strategy that evaluates factories performance for on- time delivery, product defect rate, corrective action and overall support of company’s quality initiatives
- People engagement and leadership: Maintain and foster strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and NY office
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Industrial Technology or other relevant field of study (or equivalent experience)
- Candidate must be versed in progressive quality metrics including Defective Parts per Million (DPPM), Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA) and other measurements
- Candidate must have strong working knowledge of ISO 9000 and related certification programmes
- Minimum 7 years Quality Assurance/Regulatory Assurance experience in the field of inspection, preferably in retail or luxury business environment
- Knowledge on store opening materials: millwork, furniture, lighting, signage; visual merchandising items and marketing related commodity
- Mastery of MS Windows, MS Office and statistical applications
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Ability to communicate in English and Mandarin
- Frequent travel, within and outside of the APAC region, is required based on needs from different project phases
- • Lean Manufacturing to include Six Sigma Greenbelt and/or Black Belt certification is desired