Regional Legal Secretarial Manager - global law firm (60-65k)
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Olivia Chung
Date posted 10 September 2018 2018-09-102018-11-05 admin-and-secretarial 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Would you like to work for one of the most prestigious law firms? Do you like managing people and want to pursue a management role? Do you have management experience within Legal or Professional Services? Do you want to earn up to HKD65,000 with attractive discretionary bonus, comprehensive medical and benefits? Hours are 9:30am – 6pm!!
Our client - one of the renowned international law firm are now looking for a Regional Legal Secretarial Manager to join their reputable organisation where you will be managing the wider team amongst various practice groups in Asia. It will start as a 1 year contract and turn to perm.
This is a really exciting opportunity where your skills as a Secretarial Manager will be utilised to the maximum. As their Manager you will be very commercially aware, proactive, flexible and able to understand how to work collaboratively always thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead. You will also act as a 'role model' for the other legal secretaries within the groups.
Your key duties as the Legal Secretarial Manager will include effective management of secretarial service - direct line management responsibility for legal support services teams. Ensuring the legal support services team adheres to the Firm's risk and compliance procedures at all times. Accountable for ensuring the legal support services team manage the engagement letter and Outcomes-Focused Regulation process within each practice group to agreed service levels. Manage and maintain budget for secretarial service. These are just a few of the duties.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity for a Secretarial Manager who has always had ambitions of working for one of the most celebrated and leading global law firms of all time!!
The successful Manager will have the following experience/skills:
• have 4 years plus experience providing senior level administrative support in a professional service setting.
• have experience as a team coordinator / or similar role within an administrative support function.
• have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• be a self-starter, who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team, and has a strong client service orientation;
• possess a high level of commercial acumen and analytical skills;
• be able to build and maintain strong relationships both within and outside the firm, acting as an effective brand ambassador for DLA Piper, and an internal change agent;
• exhibit cultural curiosity and competence;
• be comfortable operating in sometimes ambiguous situations, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative personal working style;
• be comfortable multi-tasking and working to sometimes conflicting timescales and multiple priorities in a robust and fast-paced environment;
• have the interpersonal skills and leadership experience to deliver effectively through others, in a virtual team management context;
• be financially literate and familiar with budget management - and technologically savvy, including a good working knowledge of IT tools;
• have a Certificate / Diploma in Business Management / Legal Practice (well regarded, but not essential).
If you possess the above skills, experience and attributes then apply now without further delay!