General Manager- E-Commerce/ Supply Chain Platform
Location Kwai ChungFULL_TIME
Consultant Kristen Carusos
Date posted 04 September 2018 2018-09-042018-11-03 sales 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the GM will be an inspirational and dynamic business leader who has the responsibility for driving business strategies and growth of a logistics community platform as an information technology based start-up business. You need to have profound understanding of the industry practices and also the ability to apply information technology solutions creatively to address business issues.
- Develop and implement strategies to manage the logistics community platform business; ensuring needs of customers are met and values of the platform recognized by customers.
- Plan and develop value adding applications on the platform enhancing its benefits to clients and their stickiness to the platform
- Identifies market trends and business opportunities for the logistics community platform by working closely with other internal teams and / or business partners to develop these opportunities
- Plans and manages expansion of the business and operations of the logistics platform outside Hong Kong, initially to China.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Transportation and Logistics Management, Information Technology or related discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in shipping, logistics, sea / or ocean freight forwarding, carriers business
- Experience in project management, preferably in the IT industry.
- Problem-solving skills, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced technology environment
- Strategic, data-driven business leader with strong work ethic and technical aptitude
- Great collaborator at the executive level while also doing the day-to-day work required to grow the business
- Fluency in English and Cantonese, Putonghua is a plus.