Regional Merchandising Director - Fashion & Accessories
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Cindy Zhang
Date posted 17 September 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is one of the global biggest fashion brand, now looking for the Regional Merchandising Director to take over the Fashon and Accessories team.
REGIONAL MERCHANDISING DIRECTOR -- DXT/743920
- Develop Asia Pacific merchandise plan by collecting feedback from directly operated and distribution countries.
- Keep relevant departments & affiliated offices informed of key global product initiatives. Liaise with involved parties to ensure those initiatives are launched according to agreed plan.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with design and merchandising teams in New York and Sourcing & Production. Offer regular insights to those teams about market developments in Asia Pacific.
- Review seasonal assortments (collections) relative to the merchandise plan and ensure they can meet company targets.
- Monitor yearly and seasonal budgets and inventory plan by country.
- Responsible for preparing market presentations with line and product direction, style assortments and pricing.
- Review sell-in and sell-through on a regional and country level. Monitor and analyse sales performance & inventory levels by market.
- Directs and manages product assortment by developing plans for each brand using analytical data such as trends, sell-through and consumer insights.
- Identifies potential gaps in the line plan, make recommendations for improving the assortment for the market, and collaborate with Regional Design on special insertion products and Quick Response process to meet sales targets.
- Acts as the cross-functional team lead working in close collaboration with Go-To-Market functions (Visual, Marketing, PR) to ensure orchestration of integrated product launches, seasonal campaigns and other brand/sales initiatives
- Provides core and seasonal product knowledge support to Retail Operations to drive sales and service, and generate excitement within our retail channels.
- Provide the guideline for the selling price, mark-up, markdown and sell-thru targets working with the relevant divisions (Commercial, Planning, Finance) to achieve IMU, gross margin and net/gross revenue targets.
- Lead team members toward business and profitability objectives; monitor progress against objectives and define strategies to correct problems as they arise.
- Drive continuous improvement of Merchandising systems and processes (sales and sell-through analysis; OTB management; sales modelling and forecasting; hindsight studies; style and size analysis; competitive/market intelligence; pricing research) to optimise the business.
- Serve as the senior spokesperson for the team in internal and external meetings, such as: weekly business reviews, category reviews, best seller meetings, and more
- Lead and communicate effectively with a team of merchandisers at varying levels; responsible for team building, coaching, and training.
- Build a high performing team through development of talent; create individual and team goals based on performance metrics; monitor performance and give clear and frequent feedback.
- Anticipate and plan for future business/organisational needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10 years or more experience in product development, brand marketing or buying; with at least 5 years in managerial role
- Knowledge or experience in denim and apparel is definitely an advantage
- Frequent travel is needed
- University graduate in fashion or merchandising related discipline
- Solid understanding of retail buying and the product creation process
- Strong commercial sense and knowledge of consumer/fashion trends
- Intense interest in fashion branding / retailing
- Creative, visionary and able to clearly articulate product point-of-view
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Collaborative with ability to work across functions and in concert with region and global counterparts
- Excellent people and process management skills
- High-level English required & other Asian languages will be a plus
- Able to travel at least 30% of the time
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Cindy Zhang at Robert Walters on 2161 9451 or Cindy.Zhang@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference DXT/743920