Location Hong Kong
Consultant Nick Jones
Date posted 23 September 2016
There is an opportunity to join a global, multi-business line group in a Regional Director role. This organisation operates multiple businesses focused on customer behaviour, financial services and travel services. They are looking to hire a Regional Director to lead the different businesses across Asia Pacific and drive market development across all of their brands.
This organisation operates businesses across consumer behaviour, financial services and travel services. With continued growth globally and across the Asia Pacific region, they are developing regional strategies to better develop business continuity. The Regional Director will be key in driving business unity will building a platform for future growth.
- In alignment with board direction, develop the Regional strategy, adapt product mix for the region and ensure alignment with major product line heads.
- Represent the Region at management board meetings with accountability for quarterly, annual and three-year target delivery. Takes full responsibility and accountability for P&L within the region, provide leadership for the Region as a whole setting goals and objectives that align with the groups desire to deliver a multi-product and service strategy.
- Ensure the culture of the Region is reflective of our group values and develop an environment that promotes positive staff morale and performance.
- Works with Group and regional BD to generate new business and shape market opportunities defining regional focus and investment to enable long-term growth.
- Continually evaluate business performance, enhancing organisational design and the leadership team in order to meet and where possible exceed targets.
- Maintains a culture of innovation balancing investment levels with future commercial return.
- Act as senior strategic relationship contact in region (but not always account owner) to globally significant regional clients and accounts
- Track market and competitor trends to identify business and proposition threats and opportunities relating to group propositions and products within region
- Make strategic contribution to global product / proposition, development and evolution, representing regional needs, opportunities and perspective
- Working with global HR to establish and deliver global / regional talent development and management
- Experience of working as a regional MD in a similar sized international company with a track record of delivering success.
- In depth understanding and insights into the consumer / commercial environment in key current / future regional markets
- Able to represent and champion the group proposition with authority, passion and conviction; garnering high levels respect within the industry.
- Solid industry reputation and networking capability in the target consumer services / products verticals
- Proven track record at successful complex / matrix organisational management structures
- Good understanding of Operational Delivery
- Solid and successful business development client management and client facing experience
- Globally astute, with significant in region experience with a clear understating of the commercial, cultural and geopolitical issues that influence and drive business.
- Experience in working in a privately owned, entrepreneurial business and preferably also insight and understanding of the best practise offered within dynamic and blue chip global organisations.
If you believe that your experience is a match for this position please apply below;