Salary HKD550,000 - HKD600,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Ricky Mui
Date posted 17 June 20192019-06-17 2019-08-16 not-for-profit-and-charities Hong Kong HK HKD 550000 600000 600000 YEAR Hagar International (Hong Kong) www.hagar.org.hk
Hagar International (Hong Kong) is a globally recognised NGO looking to hire an Executive Director to join their team. Established in 1994, the company has been providing intensive care and individualized services to vulnerable women and children. With partnerships from community leaders, governments, the private sector, and other NGOs etc. The suitable candidate will be providing leadership to forward the company’s mission and vision, by maximizing Hong Kong-based support.
This position reports to the Hong Kong Board and specifically to the Chairperson(s), for regular management coaching and supervision. The position also reports to the International CEO on matters of global strategy, governance, systems, and brand compliance.
- Articulate the vision and mission in a way which is accessible, accurate, and compelling to the Hong Kong audience.
- Create and implement a strategic plan, focused on raising funds and building strategic partnerships within Hong Kong.
- Provide ongoing fund stewardship and lead sustainable funding growth with donors and partners.
- Develop an annual organisational budget.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate all Hong Kong volunteers and staff to maximize fundraising outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with fiduciary requirements and generally accepted accounting principles for non-profits in Hong Kong.
- Follow reporting and accountability standards for funding, and ensure compliance.
- Work with the Chair to establish the Board’s agenda and provide quarterly reports.
- Support the Board in its own development and succession planning.
- Represent and collaborate with Hagar’s global network to maximize branding and fundraising outcomes worldwide.
- Ensure global marketing, branding, and communications standards are met.
- Deploy all systems within the Hong Kong office including global polices and software systems as deemed appropriate by the Chair and international CEO.
- Minimum of 15+ years of leadership and business development/fundraising experience working with major donors including individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Background in the local or international NGO sector
- Demonstrated experience in an entrepreneurial role and/or successfully building a business
- Bachelor’s degree is a relevant field with a Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently. Cantonese and Mandarin are a plus.
- Relevant completion of a criminal and financial background check
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work well cross culturally with a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to work as a “twin citizen” in understanding and representing Hong Kong and the global network.
- Ability to work adaptably and agilely in changing circumstances