Assistant Manager, Business Development - USA&Australia
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Zhang
Date posted 05 March 20192019-03-05 2019-05-04 travel-and-tourism Hong Kong HK HKD 40000 42000 42000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Our client is one of the well-known organization in Hong Kong, looking for the Assistant Business Development Manager. This is a newly created position for the BD team.
- Support the Manager, Business Development to manage and develop the Direct Selling key accounts and the meetings and incentives segment in USA.
- Support the Manager in the bidding process for winning major Direct Selling events.
- Capitalise on key business accounts, and constantly outreaching for new ones in the market, to proactively offer advice, information and materials to interested organisers to increase chance of leads materialisation.
- Build and maintain close relations with active trade partners including professional conference organisers, destination management companies, hotels and other service suppliers. Make use of them as consultation channels, including marketing projects, major convention bids and other industry issues.
- Drive the key worldwide office markets to ensure that marketing activities are executed effectively and achieve the desired KPI result.
- Support the supervisor with market analysis so that actionable marketing strategies can be formulated.
- Undertake any other duties/special assignments as directed by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, Tourism, Hotel or Hospitality.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in the travel, servicing or marketing industry, or National Tourist Office, or Convention & Visitor Bureau, of which at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Experience in handling business development for convention and meeting and incentive events is preferred.
- Strong linguistic and written skills in English and Chinese. Fluency in Putonghua is also preferable.
- Excellent marketing sense.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to liaise with local contacts in government, event organisations, various internal departments and overseas office.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) skills.
- Good organisation skill, attention to detail, willing to work overtime, and can work under pressure.
- Outgoing and sociable.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Sensitive to public affairs and protocol.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Cindy Zhang at Robert Walters on 2161 9451 or Cindy.Zhang@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference 798400.