Sponsorship Manager - Sport & Entertainment
Salary HKD35,000 - HKD40,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Zhang
Date posted 16 November 2018 2018-11-162019-01-15 sales 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Job Summary The Company is seeking an exceptional professional for the role of Sponsorship Manager to help drive sponsorship revenue across the entire events portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in sponsorship sales for events and have a deep understanding of the industry. Reporting and working closely with the CEO to create and develop sponsorship strategies, the sponsorship manager will be responsible for the execution of the strategy. The role will proactively foster and develop relationships with partners whilst managing the delivery and activation of contracted rights, the approval processes and the creation of partnership reviews and reporting. We are searching for someone who is keen to develop their own career alongside a dynamic business with an ambition to progress with the organisation as it grows.
- Provide input and support in the development of sponsorship strategies to attract and retain sponsors for each event.
- Proactively identify and develop relationships with potential sponsors, lead and support contract negotiations and maintain strong and effective relationships with existing sponsors.
- Implement best practice sales processes and ongoing management from research, prospecting, identifying, securing to contract, managing, upselling and renewing current sponsorships in order to optimise the growth of revenue for each Event.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and market demands and ensure learning is integrated into sponsorship sales strategy and practice.
- Develop high level sales presentations and sales materials to present the sponsorship opportunity to key decision makers in targeted companies.
- Look to innovate in terms of introducing new concepts, ideas and methods to maximise and expand sponsorship revenue; including developing new assets, rights and benefits of significant financial value to existing or new partners.
- Ensuring consistent high value return through innovative activation programmes aligned to individual Partner ROI objectives and adapting to changing consumer trends.
- Ensure and manage the delivery of all contracted rights and benefits for all event sponsors.
- Work with the event operations, marketing and commercial teams to ensure sponsor requirements are met.
- Implement a robust research and sponsor valuation programme to justify sponsorship values and use as a basis for business growth, retention and acquisition
- Create and develop key reporting documents including status reports, case studies and sponsorship review documents
- Build strong inter departmental relationships and work as part of the team to ensure the overall commercial strategic objectives are achieved. The role will work closely with the commercial manager across the entire events portfolio.
- Minimum 3‐5 years relevant experience in sponsorship sales and management; preferably in the sports event sector
- Proven success in attracting new sponsors and managing sponsor relationships
- A good understanding of the sports market, competing events and the engagement of brands already committed to similar events; identify opportunities before others.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and influence
- English a must, Cantonese an advantage
- Degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently, self‐motivated, responsible, well‐organised and be comfortable to work as part of a team.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Cindy Zhang at Robert Walters on 2161 9451 or Cindy.Zhang@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference DXT/765880