Head of Hotel Development & Feasibility - Global Hotel Group
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Zhang
Date posted 22 October 2018 2018-10-222018-12-21 hospitality-and-catering 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client, an International luxury hotel & resorts group, is looking for the Sales Director to build up the sales team based in Hong Kong. As Director of Sales you will assist in the development and implementation of strategic sales plans to improve profitability and market share for assigned hotels. You will develop the team and individuals for the Sales, Catering, and Events function as well as effective processes that will support the overall direction and revenue generation. In this role, you will develop strategies and directions for an assigned demographic of hotels, related to the execution of the property's marketing and sales functions and policies. You will work with hotels in capitalizing on group Marketing and Sales programs with a large emphasis on engaging Group Sales and partnering lead sources for maximum exposure of the hotels. You will actively engage in the sales process via customer meetings, entertainment and attendance at client- and other meaningful industry events.
To be successful in this position you will also:
• Use database intelligence to create focused opportunities for the hotels & resorts
• We have you work alongside Revenue Management to strategically plan and coordinate the overall market mix, with a special focus on group, permanent, and business and leisure travel.
• Set short and long term goals through the review of data, demand analysis and market mix
• Partner with Legal and Finance leadership to ensure the overall strategic direction of the hotel is consistent with and supported by these areas
• Streamline business processes to maximize efficiency
• Handle the cross-functional links between hotels.
• Lead the cross-selling opportunities between hotels.
• Influence the division, departments, and individual Team Members to accomplish the organization’s mission and goals through motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership
• Conduct effective management of third party partners
• Assist hotels in maximizing revenue contributions from major distribution channels
• Negotiate and monitor the quality and cost of services
• Provide direction and leadership to Team Members within the hotel’s Sales and Marketing functions
• Ensure top-level talent is in place within the organization and develop current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance
• Participate in the annual forecast, budget, and market plan preparation process
• Assess actual performance against standards to figure out whether the department is on target to reach its goals and take corrective actions as necessary
• Ensure the business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback or revising the plan, if needed
• Establish and carry out policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company
• Review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results. You will ensure a return on invested capital and time resources.
• Set standards for leadership by example, including the ability to effect change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within appropriate levels of enterprise, including maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in a managerial or director role in sizeable hotel or resort group, in charge of group sales or global/regional sales turnover
• We need someone that takes initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfil responsibilities in keeping with core strategic goals.
• You have excellent analytical skills, you effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; actively identify and prevent potential problems; develop analytical skills among direct reports and other Team Members as appropriate.
• Ability to advocate and implement professional development for oneself, your team and others, including capability to work with peers and other resources to provide development and mentoring opportunities, including adherence to the organization’s standards for performance feedback
• You initiate and direct reciprocal efforts of multiple teams throughout the organization, including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups.
• You are a phenomenal team leader and motivator.
• Outstanding presentation skills, including the ability to identify message points and opportunities with all constituent groups
If you would like to apply directly, please send your updated CV and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with Ref No. 712370