Head of Membership
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Zhang
Date posted 14 August 2018 2018-08-142018-10-13 not-for-profit-and-charities 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is an international NGO, well establised in Hong Kong for over 20 years. Now they are looking for the Head of Membership to lead the growing business development team.
● Regularly review membership workflow and internal processes and make recommendations for improvement
● Continuously review the membership offer to ensure it is fit for purpose. Monitor and evaluate membership services and benefits; propose potential new benefits and recommend removal of obsolete benefits to enhance the membership offer
● Deliver excellent customer service to ensure the corporate is in touch with the needs of its members
● Monitor membership feedback, comments and suggestions to ensure continuous improvement
● Manage all aspects of the new members’ application process ensuring that new members receive a prompt and high quality service from the very beginning.
● Ensure detailed analysis of membership profiles are available and that an understanding of retention obstacles and opportunities are maintained and that action plans to retain members are delivered.
● Develop and manage an effective retention strategy to manage the annual membership renewal process and ensure annual retention targets are met
● Develop and manage a process to manage member enquiries; ensure that information for members and enquirers is consistent, robust, properly researched and up-to-date
● Ensure that membership communications are accurate, timely and follow brand guidelines
● Manage and be responsible for the annual membership budget. Monitor membership income and expenditure, contributing to monthly review of management accounts
● Interrogate and analyse CRM to support recruitment / retention activities and improve campaign effectiveness
● Provide accurate management information and statistics to the senior management team and the Trustee board
● Manage resources and set workflow priorities
● Develop and review the membership development strategy
● Develop a culture within the membership team of continuous improvement and review, including delivering training as necessary
• At least 10 years of membership marketing in a non-profit membership organization or a for-profit loyalty program. Proven success in executing member acquisition, onboarding and retention programs.
• Strong analytical skills to identify and track trends in membership and campaigns.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to get along with culturally different personalities, including members, leaders, staff and vendors.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be fluent in English and Chinese