Location Hong Kong IslandFULL_TIME
Consultant Alexander Proudlock
Date posted 18 February 2019 2019-02-182019-04-19 property-and-housing Hong Kong HK HKD 40000 60000 60000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
A reputable school are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to join their team
Department: Facilities Management
Reports to: Director of Facilities Management
Direct Reports: Carpenters, Technicians, Cleaners, Attendants, Gardeners, and Secretary
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of the School’s facilities. This includes the supervision and management of Facilities Management staff (e.g. carpenters, technicians, cleaners, gardeners) including scheduling of working hours.
- Ensures that repairs, replacement, minor construction and general maintenance projects and tasks are completed to the required specifications and on a timely basis.
- Performs general building management tasks for entire campus.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure the efficient operation of services and systems within the campus.
- Ensure compliance with Government Rules & Regulations and Code of Practice.
- Prepare schedules and specifications for routine servicing jobs (e.g. cleaning, set up of events/activities, moving works).
- Ensure that repair work and replacement of building components, equipment & machinery are appropriately prioritised, completed on a timely basis, and to the established standard.
- Collaborate with the Facilities Management team and other departments to keep them updated on steps and timeline for capital and operational projects.
Supervision of Staff
- Supervise the Facilities Management staff to ensure employees are meeting the expectations of their jobs.
- Evaluate staff annually providing constructive feedback on performance; where necessary, provide resources and time to support employees in their areas of growth.
- Manage the operations of maintenance crews, including assignment of duties, quality control and any relevant paperwork.
- Ensure Facilities Management staff are updated on proper working procedures and relevant school information.
- Establish and adjust as appropriate, employee working schedules (hours and days) to ensure the smooth operation of the School and according to the Building Manager’s master schedule.
- Order, distribute, and store supplies and equipment.
- Prepare and monitor budget and spending plans for school campuses.
- Assist in the development of capital project scope of works and corresponding capital budgets.
- Inspect, evaluate and report on the work of outside contractors.
- Assemble information on service contract bids.
- Provide emergency service to different parties after working hours as required (e.g. during/after typhoons and black rainstorms).
- Prepare various reports as required.
- Perform other specific assignments as required to ensure the smooth operation of the School.
- Participate in weekend call duty on a rotating schedule (once every 3-4 weeks) in addition to the normal working days (Monday-Friday 11:00am-7:30pm)
Experience and Qualifications
- Certificate in Facility Management, Building Services Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years or relevant experience in facility management, five of which include supervisory responsibilities.
- Relevant experience in a school setting preferred.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; ability to prioritise work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams to achieve desired results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with diverse community members (proficient in English and Cantonese).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive background and technical understanding of building service maintenance and facility management and related regulatory requirements and practices.
- Strong technology skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, work order systems, facility management systems).