Retail - Demand Planner (6Months Renewable Contract)(Temp-Perm)
Salary HKD20,000 - HKD25,000 per month
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Andrey Sin
Date posted 30 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is an International Retail Brand with over 36,000 associates operating across 40 countries, they own the iconic brands and market a variety of goods under our owned and licensed brands.
• Responsible for developing Annual Financial Plans on a monthly basis in accordance with corporate goals, utilizing historical performance, trend analysis, and input from merchant partnership.
• Utilize planning system to project sales, margin and inventory components for the quarter at the month or week level.
• Partner with merchant team on quarterly purchases. Review quarterly receipts to ensure buy assortment ties back to financial goals. Work with merchant team to present assortment and financial projections to senior management for final signoff.
In-Season Tactical Adjustments
• Forecast sales, margin, and inventory at a department level by week in the Planning system, on a monthly basis. Reforecast financial projection based on changes in business strategies, business climate and receipt flow.
• Partner with allocation team to ensure that flow of merchandise allocation supports the needs at department level.
• Meet with cross functional team to review business weekly. Provide the team with financial information at department level for the week, in order to review current business against projection, plan and last year information. Provide suggestions and make tactical adjustments based on current trends to drive business and manage inventory level.
• Make recommendation regarding promotions and markdowns to manage seasonal inventory and partner with merchant team to enact changes.
• Simulate different scenarios in Planning System to support changes in business strategies. Assess risk of sales, margin and inventory position.
• Bachelor degree in Business Financeor related disciplines.
• a minimum of 3 years forecasting/planning experience in MNCs preferable in Retail industry.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and a self-motivation.
• Knowledge of forecast/planning systems - Retail/Demand Planning, Inventory management, Sales & Purchasing.
• Strong computer skills including Excel and Word.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin Chinese and English.