Regional Fabric Sourcing Manager
Salary +20K housing per month
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Rochelle Burton
Date posted 26 February 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is one of the largest UK clothing retailer with over 500 stores in the UK, 200 stores in 40 countries overseas and an online platform. Starting in women's apparel, they have expanded their collection to men's, kids and home furnishings offering great style, quality and value for money with a contemporary fashion edge.
As the Regional Fabric Sourcing Manager with the main focus on Hong Kong, you will also oversee, guide and support the operations for all sourcing teams of the territories including China, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India and Turkey. Identify and establish key fabric trends for the upcoming season covering woven and jersey fabric for the products of ladies, men’s and kidswear and work along with UK team.
- Manage and prepare key trend presentations to the UK buying and design teams
- Actively source and manage the fabric supply base and expand the respective network in China and overseas countries
- Drive strategic seasonal cross costing projects on core programs globally with product managers and merchandisers
- Actively manage sourcing critical path
- Strategically source business and seasonally relevant fabrics for the regions and promote those opportunities to relevant working partners like Product Managers, Designers and UK Sourcing Team, Sales Managers and Buyers.
- Degree holder in Textile Design / Textile Technology preferred, creative flair essential
- At least 8 year's in fabric sourcing, design and development experience with at least 4 years at managerial level. Preferably working in UK company or buying /sourcing office
- Strong communication and presentation skills to present key fabric trends to buyers and designers
- Confident, self-motivated and team player with strong Management skills
- Apparel design and development process knowledge is preferred
- Understanding of Textile Processes – spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing
- Ability to undertake extensive travel