Location Hong Kong
Consultant Andrew Blake
Date posted 28 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is an award winning, innovative designer and manufacturer of high quality products, principally under license. They have achieved outstanding success, with double digit growth recorded, and a ranking as one of most respected mid-market private companies with the fastest-growing international sales.
The company is seeking to improve their footprint in China, developing a more robust and effective supply chain. This position would be responsible for improving the quality infrastructure across the sourcing and production value chain. The Quality Director would be expected to build and develop their own team of 10-15 people, and drive improvements in product lead times.
- Ideally 10+ years experience leading quality assurance and quality control for licensed goods, in particular categories such as toys, technology, arts and crafts, luggage, stationery
- Proficient knowledge and experience of customer demands and quality protocols for the German, Dutch, and UK markets
- Possess reliable relationships and network with factories across China, particularly Shanghai, Ningbo, Shenzhen, Guangzhou
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, to succeed in getting high quality, tested and compliant products to market in a timely manner
- Strong product knowledge to help develop more complex products and own label offerings so that the company may move up to the value chain
- Possess fluent English language skills and be an influential communicator with key stakeholders