Senior Director, Procurement
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Alexander Proudlock
Date posted 07 November 2018 2018-11-072019-01-06 purchasing-and-procurement 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A reputable global financial services company are looking for a senior director to manage all procurement related activity in a newly created position.
• Be the first point of contact for all procurement related activities for Hong Kong business.
• Be the key point of contact for outsourcing matters; facilitate regulatory filing in lie with GN14 Guidelines.
• Organise and chair the Procurement Council as well as review and coordinate the execution the relevant resolutions out of the Council.
• Assist Procurement Council to manage Hong Kong procurement and outsourcing guidelines. Support a roll out of procurement best practices within Company.
• Develop local procurement related policies to ensure the policy is in line with global governance framework and shareholders requirements; ensure the local policy formulation is efficient and transparent.
• Develop training and communication programs to enhance organisational understanding on relevant procurement related policies.
• Provide overall oversight / review on procurement, outsourcing and vendor management. Monitor the vendor performance and contract implementation to ensure the procurement initiatives meet with relevant policies, regulations and code of ethics.
• Build and actively maintain vendor database with market place information including past experiences of the Company using that vendor, pricing, quality and reliability for purchasing departments' reference.
• Create and maintain analysis or defect tracking report to enhance the overall control of procurement initiatives.
• Identify procurement opportunities that will result in economic benefits / process efficiencies / risk mitigation.
• Lead cross-functional teams for sourcing events based on the thresholds set in the local procurement policy.
• Ensure vendors are pre-qualified and complete confidentiality agreements, as required by current policy.
• Work with Asia Procurement to develop/enhance the underlying category Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model and benefits tracking approach to be used during the sourcing event.
• Develop vendor analyses, using Company’s standard tools, to present potential vendors to the cross-functional sourcing team.
• Lead the RFx process by developing the RFx from the Company’s standard templates and distributing the RFx according to policies and procedures. Collect data and information necessary to define Company’s requirements for the RFx.
• Develop the necessary analyses to support the various category management activities.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Alexander Proudlock at Robert Walters on (852) 2161 9436 or email@example.com quoting the Job Reference: 760390.