Strategic Sourcing Manager
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Alexander Proudlock
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-09-22 purchasing-and-procurement 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A global financial services company are looking to appoint a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their team
- Lead project teams in the execution of assigned projects and complex negotiations and agreement of terms and conditions for major strategic contracts.
- Lead the application of a range of sourcing approaches, including the use of eSourcing, to deliver the most appropriate business outcomes.
- Ensure quality of content and compliance with relevant sourcing governance forums including challenge boards, fortnightly status meetings.
- Drive embedding of best practices and compliance to all Source to Pay processes within the sourcing team through personal performance.
- Drive the usage of eProcurement tools and manage an interface with offshore support teams.
- Maintain credibility and relevance with businesses so that the in country sourcing team becomes true business partners and acknowledged as a clear benefit.
- Develop a reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility in the business community, but also has clear strategic direction.
- Direct and develop the sourcing team, but balance with not undermining businesses' operational accountability for supplier relationships.
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder network, including global stakeholders, in a complex and dynamic business environment.
- Understand the internal dynamics of supply base and how this impacts interaction with the company, particularly where suppliers are also the company’s customers.
- Provide robust reports on progress against targets, PSL and buying channel compliance.
- Reputable University degree is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, judgement, influencing and negotiation skills, with a results oriented approach.
- Proven ability to deal with diverse groups of people and issues and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Previous experience in vendor management is a plus.
- Strong understanding of procurement process within banking industry.