Assistant Sourcing Manager (hardline)
Salary + attactive package
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Zoie Lin
Date posted 13 February 2017
This is a well-known USA sourcing office in HK. They are expanding their HK office rapidly and they are looking for sourcing professionals to join their successful business.
- Execute medium to large strategic sourcing initiatives and the implementation of category strategies and is accountable for collaborating with business partners and other internal stakeholders to achieve savings goals.
- Collects and actively challenges current product or service requirements across all Company’s brands and geographies.
- Looks for opportunities to batch multi-divisional requirements to create larger pools of sourcing spend to increase savings to the Company.
- Makes decision on sourcing event structure, vendor pool, selection criteria.
- Recommends vendor to category stakeholders.
- Recommends category initiatives within portfolio of spend.
- Makes decision on strategic sourcing levers to use for each category initiative.
- Decides on negotiation plan and executes accordingly
- Product covered:
- Bathroom & Bathroom Accessories or;
- Lighting, Home Office & Storage or;
- Pet Accessories-Decorative & Wall Dec Accessories or;
- Seasonal X Mas, Easter, Halloween, Harvest all Home related
- Fluent in conversation, written and comprehension of English and Mandarin Chinese is a MUST
- Travel to mainland China and South East Asia is required (40-60% travelling time).
- Knowledge in US or Canada or UK retail market is a MUST.
- Able to plan and multi-task various projects and directions at one time.
- At least 5-8 years solid experience in sourcing or related fields.
- Aggressive, self-motivated, visionary, pleasant personality.
About the organization:
This is a leading off-price retailer from the US and they are expanding their HK sourcing team rapidly.