Location Hong Kong
Consultant Rochelle Burton
Date posted 27 April 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A leading apparel manufacturer is looking for a a strong, knowledgeable CSR Manager to join their growing team, managing the groups internal labour and environmental audit activities. Reporting to the Senior Manager you would have strong communication skills in presenting and influencing internal and external parties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage an internal audit work plan, (with IA and otherwise) and the scheduling and staffing for these internal audits.
- Arrange internal audit assignments, identify risks and provide sustainable recommendation on controls.
- Help lead/guide the internal audit meeting discussions to review audit findings, prepare and review audit report and follow up the implementation of recommendation with management.
- Act as the primary contact for internal and external parties to organise customer social compliance audits, FLA SCI assessments, WRAP certifications, C-TPAT audits, etc.
- Guide and support corporate and factory CSR staff in handling social compliance audits and auditors, review comments/questions/action plans, and guide the correction of issues needing improvement in a way that ensures long term sustainable change
- Organise continuous training and education for all employees on the topic of CSR and labour/ Environmental, Health and Safety related issues
- Minimum 8 years work experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and influencing skills to present concise reports
- Knowledge of international labour, environment, health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audit
- Understanding of social compliance work from a US and European customer perspective
- Development and labour related issues in the garment industry
- Proficiency in MS office (Excel, Word, and PPT)