Logistics Specialist (L/C)
Salary HKD300,000 - HKD350,000 per annum
Location Hong Kong IslandFULL_TIME
Consultant Phoebe Leung
Date posted 29 April 20192019-04-29 2019-06-28 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters
A world leading commodity firm is looking for an Operationa Specialist (L/C) to join their young and dynamic team.
- Understand contractual terms to ensure safe execution of trades.
- Draft sale invoices based on contractual and if applicable, letter of credit (L/C) terms. Checks purchase invoice correctness and obtains necessary approvals prior to processing payment.
- Prepare letter of credit (L/C) applications to bank in favour of supplier in line with purchase contract.
- Follow up on export L/Cs from buyer and ensure they are workable and in line with contract. Follow up on outstanding L/Cs and amendments prior to critical points of vessel status.
- Handle export documents, including preparation of all related documents as required under L/Cs, to ensure clean documents and our ability to receive payment under L/C.
- Liaise with related parties including suppliers, buyers, traders, banks, surveyors, agents, and colleagues in other departments/offices with respect to all documentation and payments of a shipment.
- Update database with shipment details in a timely manner
- Prepare reports related to outstanding payments, demurrage/despatch
- Follow up on laytime calculations with relevant colleagues with the end goal of clearing demurrage/despatch accounts
- Provide shipment data required by other functional teams (e.g. Treasury, Finance, Structured Finance)
- Process outgoing payments and manage receivable collections in a timely manner
- Degree holder in Logistics / Warehouse Management or related disciplines
- 4 - 8years of related working experience in logistics field, experience in LC docuement is an advantage
- Mature, good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Must have Excellent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint