Associate Director, E-Commerce & Air Freight Logistics
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Andrew Blake
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
An exciting opportunity to for a logistics expert take ownership for the successful delivery of key projects. The position is tasked with designing the optimal operational flow of a world class logistics facility to service the shipment needs of the burgeoning e-commerce industry.
Reporting to the the GM of Aviation Logistics, this Associate Director position will lead the recently established project implementation team (5 persons), and act as the key interface for all stakeholders, both internal and external.
Applying astute financial acumen the Associate Director would be expected to develop robust financial plans and analysis models to illustrate projected costs, forecasted revenues, development budgets, return on investments, and 5 year strategic plans to steward the profitable delivery of key projects.
Utilising expertise gained during their distinguished logistics career, the Associate Director will be expected to design the critical path and other success factors for the development of a world-class smart logistics facility, able to service the growing need of the international consumer. You will be expected to design and implement the optimal processes to ensure the reliability and speed of delivery. The facility is expected to be close to 400,000sqm and will operate with automated warehousing and temperature-control solutions, an air cargo processing centre, a sorting centre and a fulfilment centre.
- Centrally manage all the contract administration work with the tenants during the construction stage of key projects, including but not limited to Premium e-Commerce Logistics Centre & Air Mail Centre expansion and future development of other key cargo facilities
- Work with internal department on tenant's detailed design to fulfil the requirements of various critical government studies such as Traffic Impact Assessment
- Monitor Tenant's compliance with the contractual requirements, in particular construction schedule during construction stage
- Assure smooth operation interface with all relevant parties
- Work with Tenants on future performance tracking and reporting requirements for contract compliance
- Responsible for the establishment of financial models for new cargo business initiatives and new/existing services
- Manage the establishment of new data platform for new service projects and maintenance of data integrity and confidentiality
- Prepare the departmental business plan and budget
- Monitor the implementation of Safety Plan, including audits/inspections, seminars etc. for achieving the safety target
- Ensure contract compliance by the Franchisees and Tenants, including but not limited to Security, Environmental Management, Performance Audits, Facility Inspections, Customers Satisfaction Survey, Financial Management, etc.
- Bachelor degree or above in Business Administration, Logistics, Transport, Aviation, Supply Chain or other related disciplines, preferably with a Master Degree
- Qualifications in financial or management accounting/statistics will be advantageous
- Minimum of 15 years working experience with strong project implementation/ management experience ideally in cargo/ logistics/warehousing industry
- Prior experience managing Governmental departments would be beneficial
- Excellent communication in both spoken and written English and Chinese including Mandarin