Global Freight and Logistics Manager
Salary HKD715,000 - HKD845,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Rina Kaminishi
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-11 2019-11-10 manufacturing-and-production Hong Kong HK HKD 715000 845000 845000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The business supplies steel consumables, primarily grinding media to the Copper Gold mineral processing sector. This role would be primarily focused on the freight and logistics associated with delivering imported bar needs.
- Develop and execute a freight and logistics strategy to supply raw materials across our international operations footprint.
- Accountable for transportation spend associated with imported bar supply
- Manage all strategic supplier relationships including negotiations with carriers to obtain optimum rates and service
- Utilise knowledge in freight classification, routing, ports, rates and claims management to deliver solutions to the business.
- Lead the development of freight management processes including supplier selection, qualification and evaluation, statement of works, RFQ’s, contract negotiation and management and performance review.
- Develop models to evaluate supplier costing scenarios and options.
- Oversee the execution of associated shipping documentation
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives
- Degree qualified in Logistics / Supply Chain Management or Business disciplines
- 10+ years in competitively sourcing logistics categories ideally with shipping ex Asia to the Americas experience.
- Break bulk or container cargo experience and Ship Broker / Agent background will be highly valued
- English language a must Mandarin highly valued
- Contract management experience to draft, review and assess terms and conditions for long term contracts and spot contracts
- Skilled negotiator with ability to think strategically and develop long term road maps in support of business requirements and changing environments.
- Clear communications style to work with internal stakeholders, suppliers and executive management to drive logistics strategies and outcomes