Salary HKD350,000 - HKD420,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Benedict Chan
Date posted 16 November 2018 2018-11-162019-01-15 fmcg 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
A world leading FMCG company is looking for a Transportation Manager to join their fast-growing team.
- Organise daily transportation activity according to defined lead-time and services, ensuring effective realisation of special delivery request.
- Design, organize, manage transportation project in order to deliver the promised service according to the logistics offer at best cost, taking into account customs: Cost comparison, Volume analysis, Container fulfillment ratio & shpt frequency improvement, Cost saving initiative on the given perimeter
- Propose transportation strategy (share of own fleet and outsourcing, technical and functional specification of the fleet, transportation risks, budget, product quality).
- Support countries in implementation transportation project alliance with group transportation policy: Data management, KPI set up, Performance review process, Supplier & Carrier Cahier de Charge specification preparation
- Minimum 8 years of experience in transport management and in which at least 3 years at managerial position.
- Experience in temperature-controlled transportation (i.e. fresh food or pharmaceutical industries), including respective quality standards is desired.
- Experience in working with own fleet and drivers is a must
- Experience in working in FMCG and retail business is an advantage
- Experience and knowledge concerning usage of TMS systems.
- People Management – Proven ability to lead, drive change, motivate employees, satisfy customers
- Business Planning - Knowledge of specific capabilities, strategies, procedures and interdependencies to perform short and long-term business planning. Ability to incorporate strengths, weaknesses, external opportunities and threats into business plan strategies and execution tasks.
- Information Systems - Knowledge and extensive practice in use of Information Systems (Transportation Management System, tracking and tracing) to generate data and scorecards. Ability to analyse and utilise information and propose system enhancements/functional specification based on business needs.
- Proficient in English language