Public Affairs Manager
Salary HKD480,000 - HKD600,000 per annum + Medical, Bonus
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Jason Ng
Date posted 11 July 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a listed, blue-chip conglomerate. It provides members with catering & hospitality services, and state-of-the-art sports training programmes. The objective of the Public Affairs Manager is to cultivate favourable relations with media, policymaker, advocacy groups and the general public, by developing and implementing communications strategies, covering both stakeholders engagement and reputation management.
- Keep abreast of current knowledge of relevant public policies, regulations, procedures and practices; identify key issues and trends among Hong Kong's media and public opinions
- Manage issues that impact the business overall by proactively anticipating and mitigating reputational risk , and works with leadership to influence business decision making on key business issues. Manages public inquiries and responses
- Engage proactively with identified media, journalists, policymaker and other opinion formers
- Provides strategic communications knowledge and support to internal stakeholders. This includes developing talking points and presentations for senior management and leadership
- Review material intended for public release to ensure that it represents the best interests of the business and is consistent with established public relations objectives and policies. Plans, prepares, and disseminates information (e.g. press releases)
- Researches, writes, and edits articles, speeches, reports, statistical backgrounds, and talking points
- Manage tactical program elements and ensures deliverables are well executed, including social media programs, content development, external message development and issues identification and management
- Ensures compliance by managing review process for external communications materials (press releases, statements, response documents, fact sheets, etc.). Keep various parties apprised of status, time-lines and directional shifts to ensure smooth review process and to meet corporate deadlines
- Leads internal communication needs , including planning calendar updates, newsletter content , and social editorial calendar updates, as needed
- Individuals may act as internal experts, consultants and program/project managers and represents the business to external groups, agencies, members, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in Public Affairs
- Past experience in handling issues/crisis
- Demonstrates strong understanding of Hong Kong's media environment, and has media relations experience and skills to ensure effective engagement with journalists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong visual capability along with knowledge of emerging communications trends and technologies
- Good command of English and Chinese (Cantonese a must)
- Experience in social media, digital and content marketing, and innovative approaches to communications is a plus
Client "Apply Now" button! Get in touch by email (jason . ng @ robertwalters . com . hk)!