Public Affairs Manager
Salary HKD480,000 - HKD540,000 per annum + Medical + Bonus
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Jason Ng
Date posted 15 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
The manager is responsible for support and execution of external communications programs that strengthens brand reputation of the group. The manager must be able to think strategically, execute flawlessly and clearly communicate plans to internal and external stakeholders across mid-to-high levels of management. The role is also responsible for management of public relations firms and third-party vendors, public affairs budgets, and supporting internal and operational team needs. This is a corproate office role.
- Contributes to managing and shaping department policies and procedures
- Provides strategic communications knowledge and support to internal stakeholder as well as external stakeholders. This includes developing talking points and presentations for senior management and leadership
- Review material intended for public release to ensure that it represents the best interests of the group and is consistent with established public relations objectives and policies. Plans, prepares, and disseminates information (e.g. press releases)
- Researches, writes, and edits articles, speeches, reports, statistical backgrounds, and talking points representing the group
- Manage tactical program elements and ensures deliverables are well executed, including social media programs, conten development, external message development and issues identification and management
- Must be familiar with current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and practices
- Demonstrates strong understanding of Hong Kong's media environment, and has media relations experience and skills to ensure effective engagement with reporters
- Is able to manage issues that impact the business overall by proactively anticipating and mitigating reputational risk , and works with leadership to influence business decision making on key business issues. Manages government inquiries and responses
- Ensures compliance by managing review process for external communications materials (press releases, statements, response documents, fact sheets, etc.). Keep various parties apprised of status, timelines and directional shifts to ensure smooth review process and to meet corporate deadlines.
- Leads internal communication needs , including planning calendar updates, newsletter content , and social editorial calendar updates, as needed
- Individuals may act as internal experts, consultants and program/project managers and represents the group to external groups, agencies, customers, stockholders and vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience in Public Affairs and proven track record of success in developing and executing corporate communications and/or public relations, including media relations and social media/digital work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong visual capability along with knowledge of emerging communications trends and technologies
- Good command of English and Chinese (Cantonese a must)
- Experience in social media, digital and content marketing, and innovative approaches to communications is a plus
Our client is a listed company headquartered in Hong Kong. The operate businesses across various fields including luxury, lifestyle, art & culture and retail.