Senior Manager, Brand Communications (Bank)
Salary HKD850,000 - HKD1,000,000 per annum + Medical plus Bonus
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Jason Ng
Date posted 20 February 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
This newly created role will be hired into the Executive Office. It will lead a team of professionals in developing and implementing a holistic communications strategy with a focus on uplifting the brand in the local market. The most important of that is to maintain corporate image by the application of house rules. Candidates must have good knowledge of the banking and finance industry, although prior work experience in the sectors is not required. In general, this role is open to anyone with minimum 10 years' relevant experience in brand management, corporate communications, PR or journalism.
- Advocate innovative communications
- Lead the planning, organising and implementing of brand building activities of the bank to raise awareness and clarify the bank's positioning in the region
- Supervise all communication channels – Media Relations, Events, Advertising, Corporate Social Responsibility, Internal Communications - to increase the visibility of the organisation, convey its strategy, increase awareness of each of the businesses, products and services, and help engage staff across the region
- Act in an agency capacity / business partner with local heads of business and corporate functions to proactively promote communications projects / ideas
- Develop relationships with editors and journalists to build the bank’s media profile, and define a regional media action plan to ensure widespread coverage and recognition
- Issues management, providing advice to senior management as appropriate. In a capacity of being a bank spokesperson, be responsible for managing sensitive media issues and crisis communications ; also coordinate crisis communication activities, together with Communication representatives from other entities in the region, at Group level, ensuring an aligned and consistent approach
- Analyse brand performance, brand competitiveness, and product trends in the marketplace and develop strategies for assigned brand based on research and analysis
- Work closely with the executive office, as well as the Regional Head’s of business and support functions in an advisory capacity in their communication need
- A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in brand management, corporate communications, PR or journalism
- Proven track record in managing large-scale corporate communication or branding activities
- Strong command of both written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Our client is a reputable bank listed in Hong Kong. In addition to competitive remuneration, this role offers a rare opportunity that you could help build their brand communications strategy from the ground up.
Their office is based in Hong Kong Island.