Media Relations Manager
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Georgina Masefield
Date posted 04 October 2016
A leading global firm, who provide the world's top financial institutions with a platform to help them be the best they can, has the opportunity for an experienced media professional to lead their media relations and PR across APAC.
- Handle the firm's relationships with the press (digital and print) and manage the company’s Public Relations strategy in Asia and work with client's Corporate Communications teams.
- Take requests and provide relevant reports to the media, highlighting trends and banking performance and work with journalists to create stories and content.
- World closely with the Head of Marketing and other marketing team members to promote the firm via PR, such as press releases, events/conferences, interviews etc.
- Raise brand awareness through all media channels and increase the brand profile and brand value through targeted media in the Asia Pacific (AP) region by creating and promoting relevant and intelligent market analysis and building strong relationships with financial journalists.
- Devise strategies to maximise exposure both in print and online
- Write reports/weekly insights/etc targeted at media personas
- Responsible on a daily basis for dealing with journalists requests and providing the firm's most relevant analysis and data
- Provide an intelligent and market aware face to all media contacts
- Build on existing relationships and develop relationships with senior editors and journalists in the region
- Management of more junior team members
- At least five years in a PR, media relations or external communications role with a financial services firm
- Strong relationships with senior journalists in the financial media
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial markets in Asia
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential
- Experience being in a very pro-active and fast paced media role
- The drive and capability to implement new PR and media strategic across the region
- Self-motaviation and a pro-acitve appraoch is essential
This is a career defining opportunity for a pro-active media professional to join a top tier global brand and lead their media relations strategy across the region.