Legal Counsel (Family Office)
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Johnny Hui
Date posted 28 April 2023hong-kong legal/private-client-tax 2023-04-28 2023-06-27 legal Hong Kong HK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Happy Friday! I am representing a family office with a global business footprint in looking for an in-house counsel. This counsel will work closely with C-suite and family members on their trust and investments.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, this role (with the support of an assistant) will be in charge of all legal matters including:
- Provide legal support and professional advice on a wide spectrum of business issues to our family office, trustee office, senior management and subsidiaries;
- Enhance in-house policies and practices to ensure a strong corporate governance structure;
- Keep abreast of regulatory updates, analyze and provide legal advice with regard to the updates, safeguard compliance with relevant regulatory requirements;
- Coordinate with external legal advisers, business associates and third-party professionals on various matters;
- In charge of company secretarial matters for the Company and other group entities;
- Advise on any ad-hoc legal and compliance assignments as requested by senior management.
- Qualified Solicitor with 5-10 years post qualifications experience;
- Strong legal and analytical mind with good business sense;
- Working experience in trust administration and/ family office a plus;
- Proficient in trust law, corporate law and/ tax law in Hong Kong and in other jurisdictions a plus;
- Strong initiative, mature, independent, attentive to details with a problem solving mindset
- A team player who can communicate well at all levels with good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
Get in touch
+852 2103 5319
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 30 May 2023Our client is a leading services provider with businesses across the globe. They are currently hiring a Legal Counsel role who specializes in Employment Law to cope with their business expansion in APAC Region.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 23 May 2023Our client is a leading business with extensive portfolio of products with headquarter in Hong Kong. They are currently hiring a Legal Director role who specialises in Intellectual Properties and corporate finance legal matters for their business.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 28 April 2023Keen to speak to lawyers in Equities & Derivatives area for an opportunity to join a global bank to support their regional business operations.