Senior Compliance Officer
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Ricky Mui
Date posted 03 August 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
An exciting opportunity to work as a Senior Compliance Officer in one of the top tier offshore law firms in Hong Kong. As an integral part of the firm, the right candidate will work closely with the Compliance team and gain international exposure.
• The role will direct report directly to the Hong Kong Compliance Officer / MLRO
• Administrative filing and View Point data inputting duties
• Perform all the daily Conflict Checks requests.
• Intake all the Elite Compliance forms for all legal matters in Asia office
• Review and process due diligence documents for both legal and fiduciary matters
• Populate or custom clients / matters file report from VP system regularly
• Perform background checks / sanction checks for individuals or corporate
• Identify Ultimate Beneficial ownership requirements under BVI / Cayman regime
• Assist and maintain responsibility for Asia Client File Reviews and meet compliance targets.
• Review the current missing / no KYC files – Clean-up project
• Create or update compliance information Director / Shareholder / UBO master files and databases
• Outside research for individuals or companies to prevent money laundering
• Perform Excel data input for Hong Kong Compliance report
• Assist with basic queries from Asia staff regarding general compliance matters
• Ensure that the compliance database is updated in a timely manner
• Other duties or ad hoc projects as may be assigned by Hong Kong Compliance officer / MLRO
• At least 3-5 years working experience knowledge of Fiduciary compliance requirements in BVI, Cayman or Hong Kong
• Capable of working quickly and accurately under pressure to successfully meet short deadlines
• General understanding of legal and compliance corporate documentation requirements.
• Some knowledge of AEOI / FATCA/ CRS preferable
• Highly computer literate – Microsoft outlook, Elite, View Point, Word and Excel
• Excellent English communication skills both oral and writing
• Ability to review and implement strategy and develop the most appropriate solutions