Offshore Law Firm - Litigation Associates
Salary HKD800,000 - HKD1,500,000 per annum + + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 29 August 2018 2018-08-292018-10-28 legal 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
This established litigation and dispute resolution practise seeks two associates to join the office in Hong Kong.
Two associates: one 6 - 10 PQE and one 2 - 5 PQE. Applicants with an English qualification are particularly of interest.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (same for both the senior role and junior roles)
- A commercial disputes lawyer (ideally with insolvency/restructuring experience) to join the litigation team in Hong Kong.
- The successful candidate would be working on a wide range of commercial litigation, restructuring and insolvency matters sourced from Asia involving Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands entities, structures and issues. In particular, work includes shareholder disputes (e.g. derivative actions, "unfair prejudice" petitions and JV disputes), contentious and non-contentious insolvency, solvent and insolvent liquidations, restructurings, distressed entity work, court-supervised corporate matters (including shareholder and creditor schemes of arrangement, capital reorganisations and company restorations) security enforcement, judgment/award enforcement, contentious private client work, investment funds disputes and general advisory work. Most, if not all, of work has an international or cross-border flavour to it and the team are regularly advising on high profile matters for blue chip international clients.
- First class general commercial litigation experience. Insolvency and restructuring experience is preferable but not essential.
- The successful candidate will have an excellent academic record and will have as much work experience as possible with a top commercial law firm. Barristers looking to change to working in a law firm are also of interest.
- No prior BVI or Cayman legal experience is necessary.
- The successful candidate must be hard-working, entrepreneurial and committed to building the litigation practice in Asia. As the position comes with a good amount of business development work, including regional travel, a sociable and gregarious person is essential.
- Chinese language skills are not essential.