(Mixed) Corporate Finance - International Law Firm
Salary HKD11,000 - HKD80,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Samuel Edwards
Date posted 03 April 20192019-04-03 2019-06-02 legal Hong Kong HK HKD 11000 80000 80000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
A leading international legal practice with over 5,000 people in 40+ offices worldwide. We are renowned for the high quality of our banking, corporate, international capital markets advice and the strength of our practice areas such as litigation and dispute resolution, employment and benefits, real estate and tax. Their deals often make headline business news and they work with a large number of leading corporates, financial institutions and governments. With many of their partners acknowledged as leaders in their fields, and with all the staff demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, and have a strong reputation for delivering excellence in all that they do.
Department Purpose and Structure
This UK Law firm is a truly global adviser and boast an enviable geographic footprint. The corporate team spans all of our offices and works seamlessly with a global community of relationship law firms giving us access to a further 100+ countries. This platform provides their clients with the confidence that they will receive the highest quality advice in both their domestic markets and as they expand into new territories. Advising across the broad spectrum of corporate work including public takeovers, private M&A, ECM, complex joint ventures, disposals and corporate restructurings, as well as general commercial, antitrust and corporate governance issues.
Their deals often make headline business news in Hong Kong, Asia and beyond and we work with a large number of leading corporates, financial institutions and governments on high profile matters. With many of the partners acknowledged as leaders in their fields who are focussed on helping the great team fulfil their potential, they offer a great platform for an ambitious mid-level who is keen to get exposure to the exciting APAC M&A market, which has Hong Kong at its heart.
Role & responsibilities
Working alongside our Greater China Corporate partner group, we are seeking a mid-level M&A associate to advise and manage as follows:
• public and private mergers and acquisitions;
• equity market transactions;
• advise on regulatory and compliance matters;
• general corporate work;
• provide mentorship and support to associates within the department; and
• ambition and enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities, including participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks.
Experience, skills and competencies
Key to success in this role, the incumbent will display the following experience, skills and attributes:
• 2-6 years of international cross border M&A experience with a leading international law firm and strong academic credentials;
• England & Wales, Australian or other common law jurisdiction qualification;
• ability to handle M&A deals from end-to-end;
• native English language skills are essential, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral);
• an effective team player who can operate in a highly collegiate atmosphere;
• commercially astute with outstanding technical ability, including research and drafting skills
• exceptional problem solving and organisational skills;
• an ability to manage prioritise and meet deadlines, working efficiently and effectively under pressure; and
• desire to join a truly global team with an international outlook and commercial mind-set.