Corporate Lawyer - M&A (Magic Circle)
Salary HKD110,000 - HKD155,000 per annum
Location Hong Kong IslandFULL_TIME
Consultant Samuel Edwards
Date posted 18 March 20192019-03-18 2019-05-17 legal Hong Kong HK HKD 110000 155000 155000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
A leading international legal practice with over 5,000 people in 40+ offices worldwide. Renowned for the high quality of their banking, corporate, international capital markets advice and the strength of our practice areas such as litigation and dispute resolution, employment and benefits, real estate and tax.
The firms deals often make headline business news and work with a large number of leading corporates, financial institutions and governments. With many of the partners acknowledged as leaders in their fields, and with all the staff demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, and have a strong reputation for delivering excellence in all that they do.
Role & responsibilities
Working alongside their Greater China Corporate partner group, we are seeking a mid-level M&A associate to advise and manage as follows:
• public and private mergers and acquisitions;
• equity market transactions;
• advise on regulatory and compliance matters;
• general corporate work;
• provide mentorship and support to associates within the department; and
• ambition and enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities, including participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks.
Experience, skills and competencies
Key to success in this role, the incumbent will display the following experience, skills and attributes:
• 3-7 years of international cross border M&A experience with a leading international law firm and strong academic credentials;
• Common Law Qualification
• ability to handle M&A deals from end-to-end;
• native English language skills are essential, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral);
• an effective team player who can operate in a highly collegiate atmosphere;
• commercially astute with outstanding technical ability, including research and drafting skills
• exceptional problem solving and organisational skills;
• an ability to manage prioritise and meet deadlines, working efficiently and effectively under pressure; and
• desire to join a truly global team with an international outlook and commercial mind-set.