Corporate Associate - NQ to 5 years PQE
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Ricky Mui
Date posted 20 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a well regarded Hong Kong Law Firm with specialises in Corporate and Litigation servicing a wide variety of high profile HK listed and International clients. Due to expansion of the firm, they are looking to hire an experienced general corporate lawyer to join their busy team.
- Providing legal advice and facilitating corporate transactions for Hong Kong listed companies, local and international corporations
- Diverse exposure to general corporate mergers and acquisitions and joint venture work
- Assist in coordinating comments and updating Hong Kong Corporate commercial precedents including legal opinions and other required documents
- Work with client base covers various issuers with their shares listed on the main board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (“HKEx”), sponsors, underwriters, and private investors.
- Report directly to one of the two Partners in the law firm, this role will be providing a comprehensive wide range of services to these clients, including but not limited to:
o Professional valuation and consultancy services related to the initial public offering (IPO)on the Main Board and GEM Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (the “Stock Exchange”);
o Legal services related to placing, rights issue and other corporate finance transactions in relation to shares listed on the Stock Exchange;
o Advising in the issuance and listing of convertible notes, derivates and structure products and other equity securities for companies listed on the Stock Exchange;
o Advising on disclosure matters for the listed companies in Hong Kong; and
o Advising on the compliance with the Securities and Future Ordinance, Companies Ordinance, the Rules Governing the Listing of Securities on the Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Code on Takeovers and Mergers and other regulatory requirements.
- NQ - 5 years PQE with good general corporate experience will be considered
- Solid working knowledge of the Listing Rules, the Takeovers Codes, the Securities and Future Ordinance, the Companies Ordinance
- Able to work independently and have good legal drafting, negotiation, presentation and analytical skills
- Good organisational and communication skill and good interpersonal skills
- Fluent written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin