Corporate M&A Associate 1-3 PQE
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Marcel Treurnicht
Date posted 09 January 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A market leading International law firm in Hong Kong , with an established client base, excellent international standing and client network, is looking for a Corporate M&A Associate to join their growing practice.
A market leading global law firm, with an established client base, excellent international reputation and client network, is looking for a Corporate M&A Associate to join their growing practice.
Our client is a progressive law firm dedicated to providing clients with strategic guidance and innovative solutions. From its head office in Hong Kong, they collaborate with clients in a range of practices and industries, including Corporate & Commercial Transactions, Disputes – ADR, Litigation & International Arbitration, Energy & Infrastructure Projects, as well as Intellectual Property. The partners and senior consultants are all leaders in their specific fields.
- ensuring that corporate formalities have been duly adhered to, third party vendor and supplier relationships are appropriately formalised;
- drafting and negotiating a financial adviser engagement letter, a letter of intent and a confidentiality agreement;
- working with tax and financial advisers to structure transactions;
- conducting or facilitating legal due diligence (i.e., the review of contracts, permits, organisational documents and other materials relating to the target company, the subject assets or, occasionally, the buyer, to develop an understanding of the scope, value and risks of the transaction);
- preparing a due diligence memorandum;
- creating a comprehensive implementation checklists in connection with the transaction;
- drafting and negotiating the principal transaction agreement, including crafting appropriate representations, warranties, covenants and disclosure schedules in light of issues identified during due diligence and conditions to closing.
- Hong Kong and/or PRC Qualified Solicitors with 1-3 PQE
- Experienced in Hong Kong and PRC Corporate M&A work
- Strong academics, good technical and communication skills
- Team player, easy going, hard working with integrity.
- Ability to deliver under challenging circumstances
- Take ownership of own work, attention to detail, with commercial awareness
- English and Mandarin Language Skills essential (spoken and written).
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Marcél Treurnicht at Robert Walters on 2103 5379 or email@example.com quoting the Job Reference MTR/635000