Legal Counsel & Company Secretary (5+ PQE)
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Johnny Hui
Date posted 07 March 2023hong-kong legal/commercial-law 2023-03-07 2023-05-06 legal Hong Kong HK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
I am currently representing a leading fintech in looking for their Legal Counsel/Company Secretary. Reporting into the CEO directly, keen to speak with lawyers 5+ PQE who are keen for a chance to work closely with business decision makers.
• Provide legal advice to all departments on different projects, new business initiatives, and development of the Company.
• Support the CEO & EXCO in all legal matters.
• Work with the 1st lines to design and implement a practical legal framework aligned with the business
• strategy and expectations.
• Negotiate, draft, and review commercial contracts, including contracts for services.
• Review and draft product documentation and policy provisions.
• Advise and submit applications concerning appointments of controllers, directors, and key persons in control functions.
• Handle various company secretarial matters, including statutory filings.
• Prepare, arrange, and manage the Board and Committee meetings and interaction with directors.
• Ensure adequate controls are in place to govern activities within the function through adherence to all business standards and requirements imposed internally and externally by shareholders, laws, and regulators.
• Solid post-qualification experience in a commercial environment.
• Good understanding of the fintech market.
• A good understanding of Companies Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance, Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
• High readiness to thrive in an environment that combines opportunities and challenges (regulatory, compliance, scale, market ambiguities, etc.).
• Preparedness to work closely with the CEO, the Board, and others in the leadership team.
• Capability in articulating strategies, putting them into clear execution, and connecting all the organization's dots to make things happen.
• Very fluent in English (written and spoken) and Chinese (at least spoken).
• Work independently as an individual contributor, i.e., in a one-person department.
Get in touch
+852 2103 5319