Legal Counsel (Investment Funds)
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Johnny Hui
Date posted 08 August 2023hong-kong legal/banking-finance 2023-08-08 2023-10-07 legal Hong Kong HK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
I am currently recruiting for a leading asset management company, looking for a junior counsel to join their regional team. Keen to speak with junior lawyers with authorized funds related experience.
- Provide support on legal and regulatory issues for the Group's products (onshore and offshore), including to prepare and submit applications to and liaise directly with regulators and external counsel in relation to the establishment and/or registration as well as on-going maintenance of retail funds.
- Draft and review all fund‐related documentation including trust deeds, explanatory memorandum, shareholder letter and KFS for onshore and offshore funds.
- Review distribution agreements for intermediary clients.
- Provide legal advice on general issues relating to our intermediary business in Hong Kong and China.
- Draft and review intra-group agreements between group affiliates, such as delegation agreements and service level agreements.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements with external vendors/outsourcing partners, such as engagement letters, subscription agreements, IT contracts and other legal documentation in relation to Hong Kong and China business.
- Liaise with Compliance, Risk, Product, Client Group, Fund Operations and all other stakeholders (in Hong Kong, China and globally) to implement new strategies and complete projects for new business initiatives.
- 1-3 years PQE and qualified to practice Hong Kong law.
- Experience working with reputable law firm and/or international financial institution.
- Familiarity with HK regulations and the ability to understand how regulatory requirements impact our businesses.
- Strong written English and Chinese (including the ability to write/draft in simplified and traditional Chinese).
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Ability to explain relatively complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 14 September 2023Our client is a leading energy company with business operations across the globe. They are currently hiring a Legal Counsel role who specializes in all-rounded corprorpate and commercial matters for the global business
Salary: HKD280,000 - HKD2,000,000 per annumLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 13 September 2023Our client is a listed conglomerate in Hong Kong. They are currently hiring a General Counsel role who specialises in handling all roudned general commercial, transcations and listing rules compliance legal matters for the business.