Legal Counsel (Derivatives)
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Johnny Hui
Date posted 05 June 2022hong-kong legal/banking-finance 2022-06-05 2022-08-04 legal Hong Kong HK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Hi All, I'm currently representing a leading Securities Firm in hiring for an addition Legal Counsel to join their team. This role sits directly with the Product team and reports directly to the functional head.
- Draft, review and revise various legal agreement texts, risk disclosure statements and disclaimers in order to meet the occasional or specific needs of the business and customers
- Regularly review and update relevant legal document templates, and provide relevant training to business departments in a timely manner
- Responsible for overseas and cross-border product development design documents
- Cooperate with product, trading and sales teams to complete the negotiation, communication and document drafting of ISDA/CSA/GMSLA/PB/MCA/TS/Structured Notes and other derivatives transaction related agreements and confirmations
- Participate in the development of new products and new structures of overseas targets according to regulatory trends and business needs, reflect relevant product designs in product and project documents, and design relevant provisions to reduce compliance, legal, and reputational risks
- Participate in the design of cross-border structured derivative products, provide cross-border customers with hedging risk solutions, and design relevant agreement terms to reduce business risks
- Communicate with internal and external legal & compliance, risk management and operations departments, write and improve transaction documents, account opening and transaction procedures and project risk assessment
- Contact and manage the external law firm, coordinate to complete and supervise the work content of the external law firm, and deal with the fees charged by the external law firm
- Qualified Solicitor of Hong Kong with 3+ PQE
- Master's degree or above in law-related majors, preferably with experience in law or derivative product design in the financial field
- Familiar with legal knowledge and documents related to derivatives trading, and able to draft and negotiate financial derivatives design documents
- Quick learner, strong logical thinking, and strong team spirit
- Excellent command in Chinese and English
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 29 June 2022My client is a leading European bank, with global presence, currently looking for an APAC Counsel to join their team. This is a newly created position to support their regional business expansion. Lawyers with trade finance or general banking experience feel free to reach out.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 17 June 2022Hi All, I'm currently representing a leading Securities Firm in hiring for an addition Legal Counsel to join their team. This role sits directly with the Product team and reports directly to the functional head.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: KowloonDate posted: 02 June 2022Hi All, I'm currently recruiting for this position. Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description and apply to it!
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 26 May 2022I am currently representing a leading financial services in looking for a Legal Counsel to support their regional operation. Open to lawyers from both private practice and in-house.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 19 May 2022My client is a leading Europoean bank, currently looking for a Contract Legal Counsel to join their regional team to support their legal operations.