Prestigious Family Office - Sole Legal Counsel
Salary HKD1,200,000 - HKD1,800,000 per annum + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 16 May 20192019-05-16 2019-07-15 legal Hong Kong HK HKD 1200000 1800000 1800000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Prestigious Family Office - Sole Legal Counsel Seeks a high calibre lawyer with 6-10 years PQE and Chinese languages A background in trust and corporate is preferred but other practices will be considered High level of integrity essential
Headquartered in Mainland China with another office here in Hong Kong, the business looks after the family’s wide variety of assets and trusts structures.
They seek a mid-level lawyer with a strong level of integrity, loyalty and communication. This role will involve regular interaction with ther family as well as their support staff and other members of the business. There will also be some travel involved in this role. Written and spoken Chinese is essential.
The highly confidential nature of a family office means that there is very little public information available. However I can assure you this is a very rare opportunity with excellent career prospects.
• Responsible for supporting the asset management business through daily interaction with the key business partners and providing them with timely legal advice.
• Provide legal support to the family trusts regarding all aspects of fiduciary administration.
• Drafting and negotiating legal documents (including investment management agreement, investment advisory agreement, distribution agreement, confidentiality agreement, memorandum of understanding, service level agreement and so forth) and advising relevant business colleagues on the legal regulatory implications of such documents.
• Participate and liaise internally & externally with lawyers, bankers and other professional parties (e.g. external company secretarial services providers), on the areas such as investment related transactions and property leasing and sales, etc.
• Other ad-hoc legal related duties as assigned