Legal Counsel, Hedge Fund
Salary HKD1,200,000 - HKD1,600,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Sharon Siu
Date posted 26 April 20192019-04-26 2019-06-25 legal 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters
A leading Asia-focused hedge fund is looking for an experienced funds lawyer.
The hiring hedge fund manages an AUM of around US$2 billion with a strong foothold in Greater China. Their investors specialises in foundation, pension and sovereign wealth.
- Provide legal support to different business units in relation to their operations and projects; including drafting agreements, advising on legal issues, and regulatory initiatives.
- Co-ordinate with different departments to develop solutions to business operation issues.
- Work closely with Compliance to monitor, evaluate, and refine the firm’s compliance program.
- Review and support the development of marketing and investor‐related materials.
- Advising senior management and businesses on legal risks and reputational risks, acting as risk manager in identifying and managing legal risks and reputational risks.
- Qualified lawyer of 6-10 years' experience gained in international law firms or global financial institutions.
- Experienced in fund formation and structuring of offshore entities.
- China experience is an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Mandarin.