Global Bank, Director Role - IBD. Non-Chinese speakers welcome
Salary HKD1,400,000 - HKD1,900,000 per annum + + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 23 November 2018 2018-11-232019-01-22 legal 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
This A global investment bank seeks a Director for its Investment Banking legal team. Reporting directly to the MD you will play an integral role in a variety of ECM, DCM and M&A transactions.
Legal counsel for the bank’s M&A and Equity and Debt Capital Markets businesses in Asia Pacific, working in an established team.
• A general overview of the types of transactions the candidate will cover include:
o M&A/Other Financial Advisory: advisory transactions across the Asia Pacific Region, including inward and outbound cross border M&A and public M&A subject to local regulation where the Firm acts as financial adviser.
o Equity Capital Markets: (i) public offerings of equity in India, Hong Kong, Singapore and other Asian countries typically pursuant to exemptions under the United States Securities laws or outside the United States; (ii) other equity offerings, including, follow on, depositary receipt and rights offerings; (iii) US registered offerings by Asian issuers; (iv) block trades (including top-up and placings) and accelerated global tenders for Asian listed companies; (v) convertible and exchangeable bond offerings; and (vi) private placements of equity and equity linked instruments.
o Debt Capital Markets: (i) standalone bond offerings involving the Firm as underwriter for Asian issuers typically involving international sales under Reg S and/or Rule 144A; (ii) MTN programmes (origination, updates and drawdowns), (iii) liability management transactions, and (iv) private placements of debt instruments
Typical responsibilities are:
• Deal document review and negotiation: full suite of transaction documents, such as, engagement letters, underwriting agreements, legal opinions, comfort letters, bond terms and conditions, trust deeds, fiscal agency agreements
• Legal risk management: identifying deviations from standards, or other areas of legal, contractual and franchise risk; escalating to, and assisting in the resolution of such items with, global, regional and country partners in Legal and other functions; clear communication of risks and resolution with business partners.
• Liaising with external counsels: working closely with law firms on episodic transactions and managing law firm relationships.
• Internal projects: Working on special projects from time to time, for example, assessing impact of regulatory changes on regional or global business, and liaising with global/regional partners to form an implementation plan.
• Qualified to practice law in HK, Singapore, UK, or the US.
• At least 6 years’ work experience with a law firm, or as in-house counsel at a financial institution, in Hong Kong or another common law jurisdiction, with focus on capital markets and/or M&A transactions in Asia.