Fixed Income Lawyer - Global Bank
Salary HKD1,200,000 - HKD2,000,000 per annum + + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222019-01-21 legal 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Global bank seeks a technically strong fixed income and structured notes lawyer to support this business line. It is a new role for the region (previously sat with head office) as 50% of their clients in this business unit are now based in Japan or Asia.
Senior capital markets lawyer with experience of structured debt securities linked to credit, interest rates, FX and equities, including indices. The position will report to the Head of Legal Asia Pacific and the successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst other matters, derivatives and repo/securities lending related queries, particularly credit derivatives. This is a team likely to get more headcount so there are prospects for promotion and management.
• Structuring and drafting documentation relating to structured securities issuance under the bank’s EMTN, Certificates and Warrants Programmes
• Responsibility for drafting of self-issued vanilla and structured notes, traded out of Asia (private placements, listed notes and public issuances)
• Participating in the EMTN annual programme update
• Working closely with Front Office structuring & sales team to ensure efficiency of production of Legal documentation
• Management of retail distribution matters including negotiation of Distribution Agreements with private banks, asset managers and other distributors of CACIB issued securities, and maintenance and updates of the Distribution Agreement templates and procedures.
• Derivatives/Repo advisory and transactional work including general structuring of complex derivatives and repurchase/securities lending transactions.
• A qualified lawyer with a minimum of 5 years PQE. There is no upper limit to this role
• Extensive capital markets experience in a bank or law firm.
• Experience structuring and negotiating structured EMTNs, and updating issuance Programmes
• Experience in drafting Final Terms & Pricing Supplements
• Retail Notes issuance
• Experience in derivatives generally (Lawyers with a background in equities will also be considered if they can demonstrate good ability and motivation to develop the required knowledge.)
Beneficial but not essential skills include:
• Secured Notes Transactions
• Complex derivatives
• Master Agreement negotiations experience.