Banking & Finance Lawyer 1-4 PQE - Exciting Offshore role!
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Samuel Edwards
Date posted 06 November 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Excellent international exposure opportunity! As a result of expansion and growth across the region, the leading international offshore law firm is looking for a Associate for the Banking & Finance team in Hong Kong. The selected candidate will work closely with the Partner and provide BVI and Cayman legal advice on a wide variety of finance transactions. Working with a new team where you can truly reap the benefits of working directly with a young, ambitious, driven and approachable partner.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents and developing a familiarity with precedents and market standards.
• Initiating, building and maintaining effective client relationships.
• Providing technically sound legal work and advice to clients.
• Preparing fee estimates.
• Ensuring effective file management.
• Holder of an undergraduate degree of 2:1 (or equivalent) or higher.
• Holder of a legal qualification and 1-3 years' post qualification experience, ideally in banking & finance, although we will consider corporate and commercial experience as well.
• Ability to work effectively in a team and sometimes under pressure.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fluent spoken and written English is required, and Mandarin language skills would be preferred.