Head of Global Markets Compliance- Global Banking Award Winner
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Reshma Gope
Date posted 04 October 2018 2018-10-042018-12-03 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
This is a medium sized corporate bank with one of the best working environment and a stable reputation in the market. You will be responsible for global markets compliance advisory and will work closely with the Regional Head of Compliance on firm wide compliance initiatives for the bank.
Your day to day responsibilities includes-
• Leading the GBM Compliance desk and team in Hong Kong
• Advising the business on regulatory requirements related to sales and trading activities of fixed income products
• Leading the implementation of new regulations and accordingly develop new policies and procedures in meet the evolving regulatory requirements
• Driving the global and regional regulatory projects on the markets business
• Representing and participating in compliance forums both internally as well as externally as a senior global member of the team thereby advising on expectations of the regulators and ways of improving the current compliance framework.
• Providing training to the subordinates and business on compliance requirements impacting the business
• Minimum 15+ years of relevant compliance advisory experience in a corporate or investment bank
• The role requires in-depth knowledge and experience of fixed income products available in a corporate bank
• Strong familiarity with the Hong Kong regulatory requirements esp the ones that directly impacting the markets business
• Strong communication skills in English and Cantonese is a must
• Leading by example and the ability to liaise well with senior stakeholders would be highly beneficial
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.