Hedge Fund - General Counsel / Chief Compliance Officer
Salary HKD1,800,000 - HKD2,300,000 per annum + + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 03 October 2018 2018-10-032018-12-02 legal 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A Hong Kong hedge fund that invests in pan-Asia equities seeks a GC & CCO. The role requires a qualified lawyer and / or experienced buyside compliance professional. The culture is entrepreneurial and energetic and someone with confidence and ability is required. Chinese languages are not required for this role
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer you will take ownership of the legal and / or compliance function.
The role requires a qualified lawyer and / or experienced buyside compliance professional. The culture is entrepreneurial and energetic and someone with confidence and ability is required. Chinese languages are not required for this role
• Responsible for ensuring the group meets its regulatory requirements
• Maintain good relationships with, and act as main contact for, all interactions with the SFC
• To provide timely and pragmatic regulatory advice to senior management, including on the development of new products and business initiatives, and changes to regulatory rules and developments.
• Development and maintenance of a positive compliance culture through communication and monitoring regulatory responsibilities at all levels.
• Design and implement an effective compliance monitoring programme
• Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer
Skills / Profiles
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the Compliance or Legal functions of an asset management company, a legal / consulting firm specialising in financial services or from the SFC or an equivalent regulator.
• Possess a good knowledge of SFC rules and regulations, especially related to the management of SFC regulated and registered collective investment schemes, together with a working knowledge of other jurisdictions in the Asia ex-Japan region.
• Possess up to date knowledge of industry best compliance / regulatory practice, together with relevant fund management, dealing and distribution practices and procedures.
An attractive package and work environment is on offer to those who will commit to the structure of this department and be a long term hire for the company.