Global I-Bank - Equities Lawyer
Salary HKD1,000,000 - HKD1,500,000 per annum + + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 17 August 2018 2018-08-172018-10-16 legal 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Global investment bank seeks a Global Markets Lawyer to join the equities legal team
Global investment bank seeks a Global Markets Lawyer to join the equities legal team. Coverage includes cash equities, prime services, equity financing, equity derivatives, corporate derivatives and a range of cross border issues. You will report directly to the APAC Head of Equities Legal and join a team of five people in Hong Kong.
• Day-to-day responsibilities include providing legal advice on a range of matters in order to support the APAC equities business (whether it is related to flow or bespoke transactions or certain project).
• Accountable for review and risk analysis of new products and business proposals.
• Responsible for day to day management of key internal stakeholders primarily in Trading, Sales, Ops, Compliance and Legal.
• Drafting appropriate documents to support the business and maintaining certain legal documentation templates.
• Accountable for managing external counsel in jurisdictions across APAC in order to maintain an effective working relationship with the law firm.
• As the equities business is a global business, working closely with counterparts in the other regions.
• Qualified English law solicitor/attorney (or equivalent common law jurisdiction) with
• At least 4 years’ of PQE with an international law firm or an investment bank in Asia
• Experience in Equities and derivatives in a top tier international financial institution or law firm (open to consider candidates who are experienced in derivatives but not necessarily in the Equities space).
• Conversant with ISDA documentation and various ISDA product definitions as well as the other industry standard master documentation (e.g. GMSLA and GMRA).
• Must be able to read/write/speak fluent English. Chinese languages are preferred