Hedge Fund - Legal Counsel
Salary HKD750,000 - HKD1,300,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 24 July 2018 2018-07-242018-09-22 legal 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A new role with a Hong Kong investment firm. This role will be working very closely with the COO as well as the Head of Legal & Compliance. It is a new role created to support their growing business and will focus on legal but also have regulatory and compliance responsibilities.
This newly created position is ideal for a candidate with 2-5 years of experience.
The candidate will work closely with the Head of Legal and Compliance on various business projects. The right candidate is a motivated self-starter who is detail oriented and highly organized and willing to roll their sleeves up on everyday functions, as well as able to apply their initiative to new projects while working with a supportive and collaborative team.
The position is a rare opportunity for the right candidate to be fully immersed in the business legal aspects of running a top tier asset management firm and to take a core role in a growing business. The work is varied and challenging in a dynamic environment.
The key responsibilities include:
• Negotiate, execute and manage investment transactions
• Prepare and maintain fund constitutional and offering documents; develop new products
• Review and prepare commercial agreements for execution (non-disclosure agreements, investment agreements, vendor contracts, etc)
• Collaborate with the Business team in developing and maintaining an institutional-quality legal and compliance platform
• Provide advisory support and general legal advice to management and staff
• Manage the implementation and enforcement of internal company policies and external regulations
• Law Degree holder
• Intelligent, organized, detail-oriented, energetic and motivated to learn
• A self-motivated person, thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
• A real team player with very good interpersonal skills
• Corporate and transactional legal experience
• Proficiency in English, well versed in both simplified and traditional Chinese language (read and write) and ability to speak in Mandarin a plus
• Ability to prioritize workload