Hedge Fund - Restructuring & Distressed Debt Counsel
Salary HKD1,200,000 - HKD1,600,000 per annum + + BOnus
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 05 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client, a global hedge fund with AUM of over USD $15bn, seeks a first legal counsel for the Hong Kong office
Global hedge fund
The firms focus is mainly distressed debt but they also have long / short platforms as well as convertible arbitrage.
There is an established legal function throughout the business to provide a reporting line, guidance and support.
They require a strong lawyer to work alongside the investment team and manage transactions.
In addition to transactional work this role will look at general legal matters and some compliance
Key requirements are:
- 5-8 years PQE, trained with a top law firm (ideally magic circle) or financial institution.
- A preference for UK, commonwealth or HK qualified lawyers although US will also be considered
- A strong background in restructuring and distressed debt
- Solid drafting and negotiation skills.
- A personable and confident disposition, with the ability to add value in what is an entrepreneurial and proactive environment.
- Chinese languages are not required for this role
- Team player with solid analytical and presentation skills